Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Barbie laboratory is a translational research lab at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our primary areas of interest are centered around lung cancer and cancer immunotherapy. We partner with industry to bring new drugs into the clinic that target inflammatory signaling pathways and develop novel models to improve immunotherapy combinations.
We are seeking a bench-level technician to be part of a team focused on testing novel immunotherapies and drug combinations to validate for subsequent clinical development.
Isolate fresh patient-derived and murine-derived tumor samples and process them into 3-dimensional culture
• Perform laboratory experiments and conduct data analysis
• Generate reliable and reproducible data
• Design experiments and execute on protocols; propose modification to protocols as needed
• Maintain accurate records, write reports, and prepare presentations
• Contribute to project team as well as overall laboratory organization and safety
• Perform other duties as required
• Independent, self-motivated and innovative
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and team skills
• Ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.