Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
These positions provide a variety of administrative functions to staff, faculty member/s or department/s. Uses various office software to produce reports, spreadsheets, presentations or other documents as needed. Requires knowledge of Institute policies and practices and may be required to interface with senior management, cross-organizations, internal and external customers and government and community officials which require considerable tact and diplomacy.
- Coordinates meeting scheduling for: the Committee for Women Faculty and meetings with Committee Chairs, subcommittees and working groups; Clinical Faculty Council and meetings with Council Chairs (including guest speakers); Women Senior Faculty ad-hoc group; Gloria Spivak Faculty Advancement Fund review committee; Department Chair meetings with the Faculty Vice Presidents of Faculty Development and Academic Affairs; OFD Development team; Trustee visits; OFD Advisory Committee meetings; regular meetings with OFD and key DFCI leaders (president, Chief Scientific Officer, etc.); regular meetings with Faculty Director of Cancer Care Equity and Faculty VP of Academic Affairs; planning meetings (retreat, student events); Instructor extension review committee; Category 1 instructor five-year review committees; Clinical Promotions Committee; award selection committees; meetings with HR leadership; external meetings; any additional Committees or subcommittee meetings.
- Coordinates event and seminar logistics: schedules dates for events based on key participants’ schedules; books space; coordinates registration and evaluation; arranges A/V. Coordinates travel, lodging, parking, food and other logistics when appropriate. Events include: retreat for women faculty, clinical faculty brunch; president’s reception for junior faculty; speaker events; diversity lunches and panels; events for Harvard Medical School (HMS) students; four-week summer program for incoming HMS students.
- Data: Maintains faculty data and committee/group listservs and rosters; updates data in OFD database and runs reports; tracks clinical titles and clinical effort; provides updated faculty lists to HR Faculty Research Analyst, Office of the president on a regular basis; gathers information on new and promoted faculty, and coordinates welcome/congratulatory emails with Office of the President.
- Financial: Coordinates payments for vendors, faculty awards and scholarships; reconciles procurement card monthly; tracks OFD expenditures and reviews quarterly with Director; orders supplies for the OFD, Committees and events.
- Dissemination: Assists with disseminating information pertinent to professional development to faculty: drafts and sends weekly emails to faculty; designs and produces flyers for distribution; assists with report preparation and dissemination; works with Communications to ensure coverage of pertinent stories; updates intranet content.
- Communication: Works very closely with peer administrative colleagues within the Institute and at other institutions; interfaces with faculty, executives, and external constituents.
- Projects as assigned by Director (e.g. tracking seminar and event attendance over time, by topic, dept, attendee, etc.)