Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Marasco lab is seeking a new Program Manager. This individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day lab operations of the Marasco lab in the Department of Cancer Immunology & Virology. He/she will provide knowledgeable and skilled advisory and administrative support to the Prinicpal Investigator, Deputy director and Departmental Grants Management Specialist. He/she must utilize broad management, organizational, fiscal and technical skills, and be able to communicate effectively with staff, faculty, students and DFCI / CIV stakeholders. He/She will serve as the primary point of contact for the physician/scientist.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Manages administrative and operations support for the group
2) Provides direction to and supervision of laboratory staff to ensure compliance with laboratory safety IRB, and animal trainings (to include DFCI, NIH and mandatory sponsor trainings) and maintain overall good laboratory practice.
3) Works with PI on human subjects and animal protocol submissions and annual updates.
4) Oversees requests through Material Transfer Agreements and coordinates them with the Office for Research Technology Ventures. Coordinates intellectual property paperwork (confidentiality agreements, disclosures, assignments) with the Office of General Counsel.
5) Works closely with the Department Grant Management Specialist on financial matters pertaining to lab reimbursements, honorariums, monthly JP Morgan reconciliation.
6) Assists CIV’s designated Human Resources specialist with on-boarding and terminating personnel, visa applications, coordination of new staff orientation and trainings, academic and hospital appointments
7) Proof-reads manuscripts and reports. Oversees journal submissions. Assists with data management and graph and chart preparation, Prepares correspondence. Must be willing to train in the use of Endnote.
Bachelor’s degree required. 2-5 years experience in a large office setting required, preferably supporting a senior executive or professional group. Experience working in a medical setting or comparable business environment is highly preferred. Clear writing and verbal skills. Demonstrated ability to draft reports, correspondence and other administrative documents as needed. Demonstrated ability to organize meetings, coordinate travel, and carry-out complex scheduling required.
Skills and Abilities:
Works in a busy academic research laboratory / office setting with standard equipment
Age Specific Requirements:
Demonstrates understanding of behaviors of age groups of the population served: adults, and older adults. No/little patient contact.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.