Receiving general direction from the Director of Security and Emergency Management incumbent shall provide a safe and secure environment for Hospital patients, visitors, and employees by enforcing Hospital security policies and by continuously watching for and the timely report of any and all safety hazards or unusual occurrences through patrol of assigned areas; furthermore the incumbent; provides protective service and response for protection of the people and property of the Hospital; is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of department operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Supervisory Responsibilities - No
Patient Contact - Yes
Special Working Conditions
· Work is fast paced and physically demanding.
· Walks within hospital and around hospital campus; to and from parking areas and buildings on premises in all weather conditions.
· Runs short distances when responding to stat calls and other security emergencies; interacting with patients as needed.
· Stands for long periods of time both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
· Lifts, pulls and pushes when transporting and interacting with patients.
· Potential hazards exist in encounters with physically aggressive patients, visitors and others.