Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Scott Armstrong, Chair of the Department of Pediatric Oncology at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our research focuses on the application of genomic and epigenomic approaches to characterize the mechanisms that control stem cell like properties in leukemia. This information is used to develop new therapeutic approaches. Research technicians will interact and collaborate closely with other scientists and computational biologists with the ultimate goal of understanding the biological mechanisms underlying malignant transformation and the development of new treatments for leukemia.
- Molecular biology techniques including western blotting, PCR, qPCR, sterile tissue culture, cloning, DNA/RNA isolation, CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome editing experiments, flow cytometry, and cell sorting
- Prepare, order, and maintain stocks of necessary reagents, solutions, and supplies
- Mouse colony husbandry including, breeding, genotyping, oral gavage, and injections
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Report data in oral and written formats
- Participate in all lab meetings and department meetings at DFCI
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with flow cytometry & FACS analysis
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Biology or related field
- Familiarity with basic laboratory techniques
- Effective communication skills
- Experience working in a scientific or medical research setting
- Strong organizational techniques, including the ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.