- Participates in translational researches in GU oncology on different aspects of kidney, bladder and prostate cancers.
- Performs technical procedures as directed, including processing of patient blood samples, DNA and RNA isolations, performing molecular biological experiments addressing mechanisms involved in cancer development/ progression and drug resistance.
- Banking patient specimen, entering patient specimen information into
- Institutional database and coordinating with CRCs on sample shipping and delivery.
- Set up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
- Clean, maintain and prepare supplies and work areas and may be responsible for ordering of supplies. Collaborates with Purchasing and may be responsible for negotiating with vendors.
- Conduct standardized biological, microbiological or biochemical tests and laboratory analyses, including the collection of information and samples from organic substances, such as blood, drugs, and animals.
- Isolate, identify and prepare specimens for examination.
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings, including grant preparation and presentations, and look for opportunities to co-author publications. May be expected to participate in formal and information presentations of results to staff.
- Participate in grant application process and manuscript preparation as required.
- Maintains detailed notebook of all work-related activities.
- Monitors laboratory work to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety information as well as the standard operation procedures specific to each laboratory.
- Expected to provide intellectual and interactive commitment to position by keeping up with appropriate literature and research publications.
- May be responsible for the development, modification and improvement of standard operating procedures.
- Uses computers, computer-interfaced equipment, robotics or high-technology applications to perform work duties.
- May be responsible for designing and executing advanced experiments and setting strategy.
- May be responsible for the examination of animals and specimens to detect the presence of disease or other problems.
- May be responsible for monitoring laboratory budgets.
- Minimal degree- B.S. or equivalent. Computer and some computational skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, Good attention to details, Ability to work independently, and good interpersonal skills.
- A commitment of minimal two years.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed